Tuesday, April 3, 2012

To Be Or Not To Be The American Family

Aydaia Hills


 The American family consist of a white family, mom and dad who is married with two biological children one girl and one boy. living under one roof in a nice big white house with a fence and a large yard. The dad would be the provider making a well over average income while the mom would stay at home to cook, clean and take care of the children.










Family defined by the U.S. Supreme Court consist of three different family views. One is a traditional "nuclear family", that is  when two parents and their children live in a household, and the parents presumed to be acting in the best interest of their children.In such a family, there is no need to give the children their own voice even when parents do such things as institutionalize their children.second is an extended kind model of family made up of a community of parents, siblings, grandparents and other relatives which should be recognized as a primary family, even if their blood ties are not as strong as a nuclear family. Last is an individualist model where family members are fairly autonomous and that individual should be respected. 






we all know that in today's society its rare to find many families still living the American family tradition. Now a days we have family households of people being raised by single parents, gay parents, grand parents, siblings and so forth.Which i believe is great, I think family should consist of a house hold of anybody that live under one roof or many roofs that love, cherish, care, and take care of one another.




I define my family as an extended kind model. I was raised by my god parents since i was three months old. Our house hold consist of my god mom and god dad who were married, and my god brother and sister. So it was just the five of us. We had a really nice home I would consider it to be the American family home. My god father and mother was both the Provider. Then my god mom got sick and became a stay at home mom while my god dad still worked. When I turned about 13 my god dad past away, then my god sister and brother became the providers of the house. So its not always what you want it to be its what you make it. Just because my god parents became sick and my god dad past away doesn't mean we were no longer a family. We still loved each other the same way, we still provided for one another, we stuck by each other side and still til this day we are sticking it through together. Now that's what i call a family!





No comments:

Post a Comment