Thursday, April 19, 2012

POVERTY..Who is to Blame?

BY: Stephany Bernard
POVERTY


  I came to ask myself and even others on who's to blame for the poverty we see today. What is poverty? Poverty from my readings has two different definitions and terms. There is absolute poverty and relative poverty.  Absolute Poverty is living below what is considered living under satisfactory conditions financially, housing standards, and wages. It is the federal government poverty line which is an income figure that is adjusted yearly to reflect the feeding requirements for families based on their size and composition.  On the other hand Relative poverty is a fluctuating deprivation by which people of the bottom of society are judged on how they are supposed to be living in comparison to the nation in a whole.  Who is to blame? I did a survey with 8 different people ,  4 woman, 4 guys and what I got in respond to that according to my survey was that the government was responsible for the poverty in our country. I had a few responses of people saying that laziness and drug use was a major factor to this and we can end poverty amongst our people by not making the wrong decisions. What’s your judgment?


No comments:

Post a Comment